Thursday, September 08, 2005

March of the Penguins

I saw this movie/documentary a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. I must admit I had a few reservations about a movie about Penguins. I mean how good could a movie about a bird that can't even fly be. I must say though that I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I recommended it to my folks and they just went to see it last night and now are raving about how great it is. It's basically the story about the penguins in the Antarctic and the kinds of hardships that they have to endure. It's extremely informative and entertaining. The whole thing is narrated by Morgan Freeman who does an excellent job. This movie basically reminded me of the old Lorne Green's Wild Wilderness show that used to be on TV years ago. There are a few sad parts in the movie and lots of scenes where you just can't help but smile. It's great to see such a fresh take on what a "movie" is supposed to be and is a welcome change to most of the drivel that seems to come out of Hollywood. I highly recommend that you all go and see this wonderful movie. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

You're right... March of the Penguins is great.

By the way, that's really funny that you know Mike Reid. He lived with one of my friends Gregg King this year. Did you know Mike just got engaged?

12:12 AM  
Blogger Michael Powell said...

No I wasn't aware.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home