Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Back to Ottawa

Well it looks like I'm headed back to Ottawa. Before I left I was interviewed for a position with the Canadian Revenue Agency. They told me at the time that it may take many months before I would hear anything as they needed to complete a background check before an offer would be made. Well, yesterday I received the offer. I knew that this was going to happen eventually and so I have been giving it a lot of thought. On one hand I have a great job here in Nova Scotia close to family and friends. This was the first time I have been home for any extended period of time in 5 yrs and it has been really nice. On the other hand I have this fantastic opportunity that if I don't take may never come again. So after a lot of serious thought and speaking with many different people I've decided to accept the position. I'm really excited about moving up and starting work. It's a little different this time around since I already know a bunch of people up there. I already have a tentative roommate and hopefully, if we can find a third person, will be able to get a 3 bedroom townhouse. I've already checked and there are many available at decent rates. These are exciting times...who knows what the future holds but right now it's looking very bright.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Happy Trails Mikey P! Congrats on such a great opportunity?
When are you heading back?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Michael Powell said...

I'm thinking this coming Monday or Tuesday. Not much time but that seems to be the story of my life for the past little while :-)

5:13 AM  
Blogger Omallley said...

Good work Mike! Very glad to see you moving on up! :)

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home