Saturday, October 29, 2005

Awarded 2nd place


Yesterday Sarah and I were awarded 2nd place in the CRA Star Search show. I was completely shocked. I never thought we would place juding from the other acts that were there but I guess people really liked us. The way the judging worked was everyone in the audience could purchase votes for 25 cents each and then vote on which act they thought was the best. Almost all the various departments in the CRA were represented at the contest. We got a $50.00 gift certificate to the Rideau Centre. We have been asked to play at the CRA ITB Idol contest this Tuesday. So we'll have to see what happens there. I was just interested in doing this for fun so this is a nice bonus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Congrats!

It doesn't look like any guitar smashing went on... guess you decided not to do the total rockstar routine.

Good luck at Idol!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Michael Powell said...

One thing at a time Ana :-) Yeah the guitar smashing idea really wouldn't have worked. I'll have to try that trick once I can afford to buy a new guitar.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home